• Former Captain of the Indian Hockey team.
• Played 180 international matches for India including the Athens Olympics 2004
• Arjuna Awardee for Hockey in the year 2005
• Retired from International Hockey in 2008
• Did his MBA from Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad in 2009
• Currently is the CEO of Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ), a Not for Profit organisation started by legends Geet Sethi and Prakash Padukone that looks after the training of Olympic athletes with a mission to help India win Olympic gold medals. The training of 5 of the 8 medal winners for India from the Rio 2016 and London 2012 Olympics viz. P.V. Sindhu, Saina Nehwal, Gagan Narang, Vijay Kumar and MC Marykom was looked after by OGQ.
• Awarded ‘Top 40 Under 40’ Business Leaders in the country by Economic Times in association with Spencer Stuart for 2017-18
STRUCTURE OF THE TALK:
The talk will be focused on
• motivation to set high goals
• adapting to face challenges in an ever changing environment
• taking calculated risks
• planning well and executing efficiently
• learning from defeat
• working in a team.
I will be giving personal examples from my own experiences as the captain of the Indian hockey team where my dream was to win an Olympic medal for India as a player. I could not do so as a player and now as the CEO of OGQ, I am fulfilling my dream of winning Olympic medals through the 80+ athletes we support.
TALKS GIVEN AT:
• Mckinsey India
• Avantha Group
• Manhattan Associates
• Yes Bank
• Deutsche Bank
• ICICI Prudential
• Edelweiss Capital
• ZS Associates
• Mahindra Lifespaces
• Franklin Templeton
• Spencer Stuart
• Jones Lang LaSalle Property Consultants
• IIM A
• IIM B
• IIM C