Vikram Poddar – India’s first corporate humorist. He is the only Standup Comedian in the country with a premier B-school Degree (FMS, Delhi University) and comprehensive corporate experience of 8 years across Investment Banking, Consulting and Media Sales – During this period he worked with clients like Singapore Airlines, Corelle, Max Healthcare, Cathay and was part of the 3 member team executing the $176 Mn buyout of Thomas Cook India, the top 5 PE deals of the year.
He has featured on NDTV’s Rising Stars of Comedy and covered in Bombay Times, Deccan Chronicle, Dainik Bhaskar, etc. He conceptualized and performed India’s first ever comedy show dedicated to corporate life, “Managemental”. His mix of young and corporate humour has also made him a hit in B-school comedy events like Somaiya, Sydhenam, NMIMS, IMT Nagpur, etc.
He also works with India’s top Comedian Vir Das on humorous content for brands. Besides, Vikram’s background has allowed him to develop unique L&D modules using humour as the core.
There are a lot of existing products for building connections between teams. However, Vikram’s focus is on creating emotional connections and trust by using humour, the most powerful weapon for connecting across designations and background. Some of his engagements include:
1) Corporate Stand-up Comedy
a. Diageo/United Spirits – Senior Management Strategy Meet
b. SBI & SBICAP – Joint Symposium comprising the top management of both companies
c. SBICAP Securities
d. Maersk Sealine (Repeat Customer)
e. Sterling & Wilson (Pallonji Group) * (Repeat Client)
f. Nucleus Software – For Banking Clients comprising CXOs from ICICI Bank,Yes Bank, RBS, Tata Capital, Reliance, etc
g. ICICI Bank & ICICI Prudential
h. Paul Writer Marketing Summit, Mumbai #top50
i. Yes Bank
j. British Gas (BG)
k. Top HR forums like MTHR, HRIA, HR iNFRA, etc.
2) Ice- Breaker: A unique combination of standup comedy and story telling that transforms “VP-Marketing” to “Dhruv and his Story”
a. Maersk Sea Line (for India Leadership Team – Board of Directors)
c. Pallonji Group
d. Aditya Birla Group – For the Leadership Program LEAP/LEAD for top recruits from IIMs, XLRI, Wharton, etc
e. American Appraisal – For multinational team – American, Japanese, India, Thai and Singapore Malay audience
3) Laugh, Learn Connect – Vodafone – A workshop disguised as standup comedy that gets teams to share problems they would otherwise not express. Conducted for Vodafone
4) Clown to Connect: A deep inhibition dropping engagment that brings out emotions at a core level and brings teams together on instinct rather than instructions:
a. Vodafone (Repeat Customer)
c. American Express
d. Abbott Laboratories.
5) Bored Room Comedy – How to incorporate humour at the workplace from Internal Communication to Marketing
c. Mahindra & Mahindra
d. Tata Motors
6) Script Writing for Marketing collaterals & Corporate Events: Creating characters and scripts for employees or external MCs at showcase group events
a. Aditya Birla Group Leadership Awards
b. Motilal Oswal Annual Day
c. Bio Medical Journal Awards
d. Videos for the Digital Initiative of a large media house