More than 20 + years of diversified experience in public relations, communications, stakeholder engagement, and media relations demonstrating a strong background in listed corporates, entrepreneurial corporations, multinationals and non-profit organisations.
• Strong communicator with ability to hone in on the core issues and ideas
• Formulate and articulate core messages
• A quick thinker with an ability to describe and translate complex information
• Persuasive interpersonal skills
• Passionate about the power and role of strategic communications in creating change
• 20+ years back, was amongst the few women in investor relations and in corporate communication strategies as a consultant
• Assistant Manager Repro
• Manager HT travels
• Corporate Communications – Mahindra British Telecom
• Area Coordinator Western Region Datapro Information Technology
• Assistant to Director – Good Relations PR agency
• Founder and CEO Aarohan Communications
o Consulting Vice President Weber Shandwick
o Consulting Sr Vice President Prana PR
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Corporate strategy
• Stakeholder Communications
• Marketing, Media and Public Relations
• Crisis Communication
• Integrated Communications – Internal and External
• Leadership Communications – CEO/CXO communications
• CSR and CSR communications
• Change Communications
SOME PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
As a Communications strategist advised corporates on the launch and communications of concepts/ services that were new to India.
• Launched the first private value-added telecom services in India for Global Telecom Services
• Launched the concept of Structured Cabling in India for BICC Brand-Rex
• Launched the concept of Online Derivative Trading for Refco- Sify Securities
• Launched Business Excellence Model (a sustainability supply chain model for the diamond industry) for Rio Tinto Diamonds India
• Launched Reuters Market Light, India’s first mobile information services for farmers.
• Launch of Pipavav Rail the first public – private partnership in railways.
• Launched Financial tech solutions for Reuters Financial Solutions
Role as communications advisor included strategy, key messages, planning and execution.
• On-going advice and coaching CEO/CXO’s on communicating to the media and investor analysts.
• Served as the primary advisor for communication strategies for highly sensitive, complex and crisis situations for various corporates including Rio Tinto Diamonds, GTL, UPL Limited, McDonalds, Khatau Group, Somaiya Vidyavihar, Somaiya Ayurvihar, Godavari Bio refineries Limited, Refco Sify Securities, Scandent Solutions, Indraprastha Gas, Pipavav Rail, JBF Industries, Kewal Kiran Clothing, Political leaders etc.
• Ghost writing articles and speeches for Chairpersons, Management, experts
• Developed and managed a Leadership training program for Emerging Leaders of Asia
• Advice on Change management for companies including GTL, UPL, Somaiya Vidyavihar
Content strategy and Content Writing
• Research, ideation and writing of report for Aon Global Insurance
• Online knowledge base for Nabard
• Content strategy and Content development for political leader, a hospital, fashion and education institutes
• Content writing of case studies for Microsoft and BICC Brand Rex
• Website Content
Public Relations and Stakeholder Engagement
• Handled national media coverage for various organisations to foster the best possible public image, develop markets and explain concepts. Created opportunities to position Leaders as expert resource for news media.
• Handled investor relations – strategy, analyst communications and relations, for GTL, UPL, Tulip Telecom, Indraprastha Gas, Scandent Solutions, Kalindee Rail, etc.
Crisis advice and management
• GTL, UPL, Scandent, McDonalds, Somaiya Vidyavihar, Khatau Group, etc.
Bachelor of Science – Microbiology
Post Graduate in Business Management
Masters in Sociology