Proffessional Details :
- Serving in the Indian Army, rank Major (got commissioned in Sep 2002 ), in Corps of Engineers.
Honours and Awards :
- AOC-in-C Commendation in 2011 for distinguished service. (Commendation from Indian Air Force)
- GOC-in-C Commendation in 2012 for distinguished service. (Commendation from Indian Army)
- Vishishta Seva Medal also called as VSM (fifth highest medal for distinguished service in the country) for distinguished service – 2013.
- Rajmata Gayatri Devi award for Women’s Achievement – 2012
- GOC-in-C Commendation in 2015 for distinguished service. (Commendation from Indian Army)
- Women Recognition Award (Category – Sports & Adventure) by Radio 95 FM and Rajasthan Patrika – 2015
- Youngistan Award (Category – Adventure) by New24 with the likes of Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Phogat sisters etc – 2017
- Yashaswini Trophy as a Woman Achiever of Armed Forces by Mrs Nirmala Sitaraman, Hon Raksha Mantri – 2018
Background in Mountaineering
- Was a part of “Sappers Women Officers Trek to Indira Col, Siachen Glacier” in 2009. Summitted on 15 Aug 2009 at 0720 hrs, hoisting the Indian National Flag at Indira Col. The Significance of the point is that it is the northern most known geographical point of India, junction of three countries ie India, Pak and China and origin of the famous Siachen Glacier which is the highest battle ground in the world.
Summiteer and one of the Rope leaders. (Individual climbing teams are sometimes called as ‘Ropes’.)
- Qualified in the Basic and Advance Mountaineering Course from Army Mountaineering Institute, Siachen Base Camp in 2011. Secured ‘A’ grading and topped both courses.
- Was a part of “Indian Army Women Everest Expedition – 2012”. One year of training and preparation included climbing seven peaks in alpine style expeditions in month of Aug-Oct 2011 in Siachen area, two peaks in month of Dec 2011- Jan 2012 around Manali. The main expedition of Everest started 22 Mar 2012, when the team left for Kathmandu. Reached base camp on 14 Apr 2012 after trek of 18 days and summited on 25 – 26 May 2012 in two climbing teams.
- Summited Mt Everest on 26 May 2012 at 0543 hrs (Nepalese Standard time).
- My contribution was to summit the top and plethora of technical and other administrative tasks. I was given the same for the reason that I was considered to be one of the strongest climbers and most reliable decision maker. I used be ahead of the rest of the team by two or three hours during the climbs, carrying maximum loads.
- I have continued climbing and trekking on my own in Indian Himalayas. I climbed Mt Kossiusco in Australia in 2016.
Educational Background :
- Schooling from Tagore Public School, Jaipur (1997)
- Sc. (PCM) from Maharani’s College, Jaipur (2000)
- Diploma in Computer Applications from Malaviya Regional Engineering College, Jaipur (1998)
- A’ Level Computer Course from DOEACC Society (2002)
- PGD in Human Rights from Indian Institute of Human Rights (2016)
- MBA from ICFAI (2018)
- Father: Mr. Y C Bhatnagar, Retd as Additional commissioner Departmental Inquiries (Rajasthan Administrative Services).
- Mother: Mrs. S L Bhatnagar, Retd as Senior Lecturer from Govt. School, Jaipur.
- Three siblings (all elder), well settled, working and married.
Extra Curricular Activities
- Was an NCC cadet and achieved many medals including Best Cadet in State and led three national level parades apart from being a Glider Pilot.
- Hobbies include Writing, Reading, Singing, Traveling, Watching movies and music, Sports like Mountaineering, Swimming and Deep Sea Diving. I have a deep Sea photography specialization which I did at the Great Barrrier Reef, Australia. The same is voted to be the most beautiful place on the planet by geologists and explorers. The institute I did my course from – Pro Dive, Cairns – is one of most prestigious institute in the field.
On panel of many Institutes, Universities, companies like Goldman Sachs / Avantor etc and forums like UN / TEDx etc as a motivational speaker.