Dilip Cherian heads South Asia’s top image management and public affairs consultancy group, Perfect Relations, with more than 17 offices in India and across South Asia. Dilip pioneered the concept of ‘Image Management’ in the country, and is widely regarded as the ‘Image Guru of India.’ He is also a valued political advisor and a practicing lobbyist of repute
An Economist by training including the London School of Economics, Dilip is a syndicated columnist whose writings appear in several newspapers. He is also a former editor of Business India (India’s largest business magazine) and the Observer newspaper and a sought-after-commentator on a number of television news channels, specializing on subjects ranging from Politics to Bureaucracy and from Economics to Branding.
Dilip is a well-known speaker, trainer and moderator at national and international industry platforms as well as premier management institutions. His areas of expertise include Communications, Skill Building for CEOs, Corporate Strategy, Crisis Management, Image Management, Lobbying, Public Affairs, and Mentoring.
Cyber space is his “third space” and his favored stomping ground.
Some forums where Dilip has spoken and trained at (include: among other):
- Panel Discussion of the International Public Relations Association (IPRA) Conference in Cairo
- Chief mentor and trainer at the Sardar Patel National Police Academy for the IPS probationers
- Chief Faculty member for World Bank and Senior leadership teams, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan
Dilip is also a Mentor and Trainer for many CEOs of global corporations ( a small selection)
- Coca Cola: Helped Coke India’s senior management on communication skills with a special emphasis on FMCG products & launches
- BMW: Helping an eclectic group of Indian and German leadership to understand the cultural context of communications in India
- Northrop Grumman: Counsel senior group of executives of this major defense company at their US Headquarters, about the
- AirAsia: Advised the top leadership group and trained their CEO on the techniques of media handling, crisis management and relationship building in preparation for the launch of this new airline in the country.
The Making of Public Policies in India
Doing business in India: Hopes & hazards