• One of the most highly regarded IPS officers in India, with an illustrious career spanning several postings during his 35 years of service.
• He has dedicated his life to the eradication of corruption and organised crime and is renowned for his use of strategy & intelligence to uphold the rule of law.
• During his tenure, he raised resources to upgrade the police force capabilities and welfare in the form of the latest law enforcement equipment, hospitals, gymnasiums, schools, and other facilities
• He is now the Chairman of Securus First India Pvt Ltd; a security consultancy company started by him and is also in the board of several major multinationals.
Professional Highlights as an IPS officer:
• Retired as the Director General of Police, Maharashtra state in March, 2011.
• Served as Commissioner of Police, Mumbai after the 26/11 attacks and was responsible for building up a world-class anti-terrorism mechanism.
• Served as Commissioner of Police of Nagpur city and Thane city.
• Appointed as the State Commissioner for Intelligence.
• 6 years in the Mumbai Crime Branch as Additional Commissioner of Police – Crime and Joint Commissioner of Police – Crime (1993-1995 and 1998-2001). He is credited with having broken the back of the underworld that was at its peak.
• Joint Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation, West Zone, from 2001 – 2004.
• Deputy Inspector General of the Nagpur range, focused on anti-Naxal operations
• Deputy Director of the Intelligence Bureau from 1987-1993.
• DCP, Pune & Superintendent of Police, Satara and Sindudurgh.
• Recipient of the President’s Distinguished Service Medal 2000, the Meritorious Service Medal 1993 and the Internal Security Medal 1998.
• Most recently, he has been a member of the special task force in the National Security Council Secretariat (Prime Minister’s Office) for revamping India’s internal and external national security.
• He is the strategic security adviser to the RBI and RBS and the Standard Chartered Bank.
• He is the security adviser to many corporate houses like TCS and Monsanto.
• He is the security adviser to BSE and BDB.
• He is in the SIT appointed by the high court of Madras.
• He is in the board of United spirits, Forbes India ltd, Eureka Forbes and Ratnakar Bank .
• Member of the governing council of Shirur engineering college and Raheja college of Mgt.
• He is a visiting faculty in the National police Academy, Hyderabad.
• He has a natural talent for communication and his knowledge, experience and speaking has earned him worldwide acclaim. He speaks to corporations all around the country on his experiences as a policeman and a leader and how these can help us in our business environments.